Fps drops huge increase in input delay

Jam1e

Hi, I need help with a long going gaming issue. What happens is when I am in game situation where my fps is lower than normal I get a lot more input delay to the point where it is unplayable if anyone could tell me how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.
theses are my specs:
S Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20201226103548.000000+000
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (365 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4-F, s/n M80-D1014204167
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
the game is mostly fortnite and it happens at around 150 fps for some reason

If anyone could help that would be greatly appriciated

Do you have any other application processing input like Discord or some other browser window playing video ? If so, try closing those.

Last edited:

Jam1e

Do you have any other application processing input like Discord or some other browser window playing video ? If so, try closing those.
I do all that but it has no changes I was wondering if it was like a file problem or I have installed something i shouldn't have

How do you mean "file problem" ?

Tell me what you installed, and maybe I can tell you if it affects your problem.

There are lots of different types of 'normal apps'. A bittorrent app is a massive sharing networking app. A video editing app is a heavy cpu gpu app. you have to classify in more detail. Incidentally these 2 kinds of apps when run in the background will kill performance.

Jam1e

There are lots of different types of 'normal apps'. A bittorrent app is a massive sharing networking app. A video editing app is a heavy cpu gpu app. you have to classify in more detail. Incidentally these 2 kinds of apps when run in the background will kill performance.
I don't have any video editing apps on my pc

Jam1e

do you know any fixes??

Well the 'fixes' are more of eveything. More powerful CPU, GPU. Faster RAM, faster network. Since everything is in limited supply, stop using power hungry apps. Know your limits.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online