1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FPS drops in Flash Player 11 (Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit) after installing SP1?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cadc, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cadc

cadc Thread Starter

Symptoms: Random FPS loss here and there during video playback in youtube, as well as flash based games (about 1 or 2 seconds and then goes back to being smooth in what seems to be 20 or 30 second intervals)

I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate, but I noticed that FPS (Frames per second) took a hit after installing SP1 (service pack 1) on Windows 7 Ultmate 64 bit.

I don't know the cause, and I've tried uninstalling and re installing it but no difference. Hardware is not an issue, as I just built a new computer with some of the latest hardware.

System specs are as follows:

Audio Driver: Realtek version: 6.0.1.6482 (latest) Audio Codec: ALC892
    16 gigs of DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance Ram
    Saphire Radeon 6850 HD
    Western Digital Caviar Black 7200 RPM 1TB
    700 Watt PSU
    Fx 8150 AM3+ 8 cores
    ASRock 990FX Extreme4 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    --------------

I don't have this issue when I was in Windows XP 32/64 bit, and again, symptoms only seemed to start after installing SP1 for windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit...

Any thoughts as to what the problem could be? =/

Thanks in advance!

PS: Broswers tried: IE9, Chrome, Firefox, Safari (Safari seems to handle it slightly better, but symptom still present non the less)

2. shadow6224

shadow6224

Hello,
    Have you tried re-installing flash player 11?

3. cadc

cadc Thread Starter

Changing to Basic AeroTheme fixed the issue, I dunno what was causing it, but it had something to do with AeroTheme

4. shadow6224

shadow6224

Hm, okay. I found that windows 7 has an Aero troubleshooter. Go to Control Panel and at the search bar at the top right type in "Aero" and one item on the list is Troubleshooting for "transparency and other visual effects". I wonder if that'd help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!