FPS issues in games, possibly graphics card underperforming

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

paulvasi8

I've recently upgraded to a Palit GTX 1060 6GB StormX. The graphics card I had before was a GTX 960 2GB. After not being able to play certain games smoothly like subnautica or pubg I decided to upgrade. However, even though there is an upgrade I expected more from the card. I run games at 1080p so I'm expecting 60fps at highest settings on most games, especially if they're well optimised like GTA V.

For example, PUBG is runs anywhere from 30fps to 60fps on high but there are stutters and fps drops. Ok, fair enough PUBG is in early access. However, the same stutter is still apparent in other games like GTA 5, assassins creed syndicate or COD WW2. I also struggle to run the games mentioned at smooth 60fps even though I realistically should be able to.
Now I'm thinking seeing I've had problems with the other graphics card it may not be the graphics card, maybe it's another part of the system.

My specs:
1.i5 4460
2.GTX 1060 6GB PALIT STORMX
3.Corsair CX600 80 Plus Bronze Certified 600w
4.1tb Western Digital WD10EZEX 64mb Cache 7200rpm
5.Gigabyte H81M-S2H Motherboard
6.8GB DDR3 1600mhz Performance Ram

Could anyone help me identify the problems, I'd mean a lot and I'll provide any info you require.

Attachments

I've got the same problem after gtx 1060 3GB palit upgrade.
Might be drivers from nVidia (cause it's quite a common problem) or other hardware in the PC that causes the bottlenecking.

Uninstall your current graphics card drivers and install the ones specific for GTX 1060 from nVidia website.

Update your nVidia drivers or use the previous versions of drivers on their website.
If this doesn't help then use the previous graphics card and see if problem remains.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online