1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fps on modern games

Discussion in 'Games' started by ThaPwNz0r, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ThaPwNz0r

ThaPwNz0r Thread Starter

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right topic to post it to, but I want to build a PC and I have chosen the parts.
    I'd like to ask you how well would this pc run GTA V, FC 4, Fallout 4 etc on ULTRA settings with 144hz monitor?
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JJ72vK
    There are the specs. All feedback is welcomed :)
    If there is anything I should change or add please tell me.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Apart from the PSU (completely agree with Rob, cheap PSUs always get skimped on, and cause more problems than anything else) it would probably be OK. That assumes you are running on a 1080 screen res. I run with an 17-4930K (not clocked) and a pair of GTX 780 Ti's on a 4k triple monitor setup, and for Fallout at least in runs well. A little stuttery in places but on the whole good, so I would assume that with your picks on a 1080, it should be good. Having said that, ultra pushes everything hard, and doesnt give any real advantage over high, bar bragging rights, as a rule.
    I would be inclined to look at doubling the memory, but that woudl be more failsafe than anything else. I have seen reports where 8Gb isnt quite doing it, and adding more has ironed out most of the stutter people were seeing. In this case, probably go with 8, and if it looks a bit jerky, consider more.

Note- if you are considering staging large battles in Fallout 4, dont expect them to look too good. I tried 50 Deathclaws vs 200 synth vs 200 BOS paladins vs 50 MR Gutsy next to a settlement lined with 30 rocket launchers. IT wasnt too bad until the Gutsys died and exploded everywhere- took 5 minutes to resolve, but I did get some nice nuclear armageddon pics :)

4. ThaPwNz0r

ThaPwNz0r Thread Starter

Thank you for you reply! I have changed some parts up and would this setup do the thing http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gfPbmG ?
    I would also like to be recording sometimes. I would be playing on a 144hz 1080p monitor. I'd also like to have upgrade possibilities in the future in case there comes a new powerful game out :)

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Looks better.

You can upgrade the video card for sure but for processors you will be a bit limited since you are near the top for that platform and Intel has released a new socket already.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1162823

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice