1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FPS problem.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ravenstag, May 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenstag

Ravenstag Thread Starter

Hello.

First off, I'm playig on a Lenovo Y50-70 with a 15.6" 4k display.
    GeForce GTX860M 4GB,Core i7-4710HQ,16GB RAM,512GB SSD

I've always played league of legends with 120 fps with v-sync off, on high grapics. But now my laptop won't go higher than 48 fps while v-sync is on.
    If i turn off v-sync, but cap the fps at 60, it' compleatly un-playable (Screen tearing). It can stil reach 120fps with v-sync off, but then it's like watching a VHS on a UHD display. I'v made sure its running off my 860 card, and not the integrated one. I'v tried setting the resolution down to 1080p, with zero change to my fps while v-sync is on. I both turned off the optimal power mode in GeForce experience, then uninstalled it compleatly (I did not uninstall the drivers). I'v tried going to the controllpannel as well, setting it to "Max preformance" and setting my nvidia card with high preformance as global. I also restarted my pc between all these steps. I'v even factory reset my laptop, but with no luck. I am now out of ideas. Please help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1190646

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice