FPS Problem!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

synicaL

Hi All, i've had a problem that makes it near to impossible to play Counter-Strike 1.6/Source.

I own a Wireless ACTIONTEC router and my ISP is NTL which i have a cable 1mb connection. My motherboard is a Foxconn - Mainboard 865A01 G/PE series. My CPU is an Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz and i have 512mb RAM. I own an ATI Radeon 9600xt 256mb, Which i do have all the latest drivers installed but i'm still unsure if it is this causing the problem. If you need any more computer specs just ask.

Basically the problem is sometimes worse than other times but it's usually liked this. On any map/server i'll be randomnly running with 100fps on 1.6 and 70-80fps on source and then my fps will drop to around 10-30 on 1.6 and usually 5-20 on source and then after 20-50seconds of fps lag it'll go back up to 100/70fps. I have reinstalled Windows and my GFX Card and it still happens and i'm really running out of ideas and it's very annoying seeing i just spent 200+ pounds on new RAM CPU and motherboard.

Thanks All, All replies welcome!

-

Check for any antivirus software running a scan or downloading updates. It may also be Windows downloading updates, or Kazaa or WinMX or something else like that running in the background. You might also want to check for viruses and spyware.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online