FPS really low and unplayable

dizzyj28

Ok so I normally just play Minecraft and Cities : Skylines on this PC and a few months back or so after I got a new graphics card (1050 ti) my computer was working really good, and it was great fps (100 fps or so with shaders) until randomly I started getting like 30 fps in games so I had to take off my shaders. At this point I was back up to like 50 fps or so. Eventually, leading up to yesterday, my fps just got really bad averaging like 15 without shaders. My computer was also really slow and laggy just in my browser. I updated my graphics card drivers as it was a year old, it fixed the problem until today. I join the game again and I got like 6 fps at one point. It's completely unplayable and I don't know what to do. Please help!

I might have an idea as to why, my storage in C Drive, but I'm not sure

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20201010204805.000000-360
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 32 GB
Graphics Card: VNC Mirror Driver (Note: I don't know what that is, but my graphics card is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti)
Hard Drives: C: 161 GB (3 GB Free); E: 256 GB (104 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z87X-UD5H-CF, ver x.x, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled (I actually have Norton antivirus)

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
161 GB (3 GB Free);
and
I might have an idea as to why, my storage in C Drive, but I'm not sure
YES you are correct
That is the first problem you need to rectify
You cannot operate a drive containing the windows system - with ONLY 3GB of free space - it just cannot work
YOU need a minimum of 10% - 16GB
not only from the aspect of day to day running, but also from Windows update aspects

Re this
VNC Mirror Driver
It is a driver installed for a virtual operation on a computer and presumably you have installed OR someone has
Installing and Removing VNC Connect – RealVNC Help Center
which as you can see

By default, the following components are installed:

• VNC Server.
  • VNC Mirror Driver
  • VNC Printer Driver

Does this mean anything to you?

YOU need to remedy the drive free space before you stand a reasonable chance of sorting this out.
I am surprised that you have not received message regarding the lack of free space. ? as notifications - yellow icon on notifications area bottom right of taskbar

#

Last edited:

dizzyj28

yeah thanks I will try to fix that first and see if that helps anything

also about VNC, yeah I have that I was just confused on why it said it was my graphics card

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It reports it as the driver because you are either running VNC in which case of course it will, OR your configuration is incorrect

crjdriver

Something else to consider;
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled (I actually have Norton antivirus)
Get rid of norton and use the windows security. Norton is a free download from the support page for my motherboard. I will not use norton even if it is free.

crjdriver

Getting rid of norton is often easier said than done. It is almost impossible to completely remove norton from a system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online