1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fractional Task Services like Amazon Mechanical Turk

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by tarheelmed02, Apr 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tarheelmed02

tarheelmed02 Thread Starter

Hello All--

Good evening. I am a small business operator; an independent lodging motel. I am in need to bolster my online presence from a. I do not hold an advanced degree in computer programming/coding/website construction etc. With that said, I have heard about fractional task services such as Amazon Mechanical Turk? I hear it may be for bigger outfits? But are there other options for smaller outfits such as myself.

As a small lodging business, we do many things DIY from electrical, plumping, hvac, landscaping, accounting/payroll but I am aware at this point, I need a helping hand in technology. I have a certain amount to spend the budget on outsourcing this specific task. I have posted job with our area colleges & universities to see if any students would be interested but nothing as of yet. Is there a tech posting site similar to C-list but a little more vetted.

Thank you for anyone who can shed some light on this topic.

2. JiminSA

JiminSA

There are 2 ways in which this can be achieved:
    1) find a professional SEO consultant (in your area?) to handle it (costly and time-consuming).
    2) use Google Adwords (costly-ish, but immediate), which is relatively straightforward for you to set up (it's not rocket science) and the Adwords Support people in Dublin are extremely helpful. It can be an extremely good way to draw traffic to your site and hopefully some ensuing revenue. Just make sure that your revenue, justifies the cost ...

3. tarheelmed02

tarheelmed02 Thread Starter

Hi JiminSA-- Thanks for all the information. So helpful to speak in lay terms sometimes. I have been in contact in an overseas IT pro. I shall keep everyone abreast of the sitch in case someone else is also feeling the same over-whelming vice like pressure. Much obliged.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1188586