Frame fluctuation on anything moderately graphic intensive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zephyrated

I recently moved my computer into my room and had no problems prior. I tried using my 720p tv as a second monitor, and have had problems with graphics since. Any time I use something like twitch or play a game, my framerate goes haywire and my computer runs slow. Even after disconnecting the second monitor, the problem persists. aside from adding the second monitor, nothing has changed. I'm starting to worry because I don't have a lot of money and cant afford a hardware upgrade or pay a tech guy to try and solve it.

My specs are:

mobo - Asus z97-k
GPU - Gigabyte gtx 970 g1 gaming
CPU - i7 4790k
PSU is rated at 600w
8 gb of ram
1 TB hdd that has no issues of datarate.

Thanks for looking.

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
Have you pulled off the side panel and made sure all components are tight?

Wouldn't hurt to R&R the graphics card and all the power supply connectors either.

What's the brand and model of this "600 watt" PSU?

Zephyrated

I have pulled the panel off and everything seems to be sitting just nicely. I've never heard of the term R&R for computers, explain? and the brand and model for the PSU is EVGA 80plus bronze

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
"Remove&Replace"

Means take the components out and reinsert them just to ensure a tight solid connection.

PSU SHOULDNT be an issue per se, however it's right at the threshold of what your minimum specs should be.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online