1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fraps and Sound Issues.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Tyken132, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tyken132

Tyken132 Thread Starter

I've been having some issues with fraps since I got it. It records sounds just fine...sometimes. Other times it doesn't record ANY audio at all which makes me have to film entire video's all over again. I was wondering what could possibly be causing this? I've done some looking around and tried to resolve this myself..but I'm not really sure what to do.

2. Megabite

Megabite

Howdy,

What are you trying to record?

3. Tyken132

Tyken132 Thread Starter

Wow that was fast. I record Minecraft video's (I plan on branching out eventually, though) Its weird, though. Like I said sometimes it records sound perfectly, sometimes it doesn't record sound at all.

4. Megabite

Megabite

Is Fraps the full version or the free version?

5. Tyken132

Tyken132 Thread Starter

6. Megabite

Megabite

Fraps is very resource hog when recording.......so try and not have anything else running .......as it does work sometimes then something running in the background maybe causing the problem.

What specs is the PC?

7. Tyken132

Tyken132 Thread Starter

Hmm, I generally don't have anything else running. Sometimes I have to completely restart my computer (Or exit/end fraps a few dozen times) till it finally does work. And it generally works just fine...at first, but after a few takes it stops recording sound randomly. As for my specs, what do you want me to list exactly?

8. Megabite

Megabite

Make Model if it has one...amount of memory installed...Video card if stand alone one

9. Tyken132

Tyken132 Thread Starter

Gateway GT5082 2gb memory and Nvidia 9400 Geforce GT, though I have been having problems with it and I plan on replacing it.

10. Megabite

Megabite

Have you updated your Video card drivers and Sound drivers?

and what problems are you having with it?

11. Tyken132

Tyken132 Thread Starter

I've updated my Video card drivers but I don't think I updated my sound drivers...Didn't know I had to, to be honest. As for problems? Alot of grpahic glitches in game, Speeding up to like two times speed in most video games, other random bugs in others. Here's a video I did a while back, showing off just a few. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJTOKqBPvc0

12. Megabite

Megabite

Nice Video!!

Is it possible to try another Video card.....or does this PC have onboard graphics card?

13. Tyken132

Tyken132 Thread Starter

It has a built in graphics card but I ordered a new one which should be here within a week. A few other suggestions which were given to me by friends was A) buy a sound card and try that, B) Buy a USB Mic instead of the plug ones or C) Replace the graphics card. No idea how that'd mess up sound but its the only obvious thing that's been messing up... Oh, and i'm glad you like the video even if its just a few glitches I recorded. I recorded it with fraps, oddly enough but I had to do it more than once since the sound didn't record.

14. Megabite

Megabite

What Operating System are you using?

15. Tyken132

Tyken132 Thread Starter

Window's Xp

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!