FRAPS making minecraft fps go down to 4FPS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Adam42Almighty

A while ago FRAPS stopped working right and made my fps drop to around 1-5fps when i tried to record. Then my graphics card died. But i had a spare one and put that in my pc. FRAPS was able to record at the specified 30FPS at full size. I did a day of recording and everything worked great. But now whenever i try and record i hit F9 and my FPS will drop right down to exactly 4FPS and stay there as if its being capped at 4fps.
Whats going on? Why did this suddenly start happening?
I havent changed any settings. Its just like FRAPS keeps giving up.

Help please :(

Have you cleared enough space on the hard drive for the videos? I know for a fact that videos recorded by Fraps are ridiculously huge (GBs are easily eaten up with this program). Perhaps you're running low on memory?

Adam42Almighty

Bandicam records fine. Its just the audio in Bandicam isnt good. Its literally just fraps i think :(

Have you tried re-installing it?

Also to robsy responce you jsut go to start orb> computer> win7 (C:)- How much space do you have left?

It might be worth just checking your hard drive. I had a similar problem a while ago and when I looked at the Fraps folder in my hard drive, I was surprised to find over 100GB of videos! I cleared them all and it worked fine after that :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online