1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FRAPS making minecraft fps go down to 4FPS

Discussion in 'Games' started by Adam42Almighty, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Adam42Almighty

Adam42Almighty Thread Starter

A while ago FRAPS stopped working right and made my fps drop to around 1-5fps when i tried to record. Then my graphics card died. But i had a spare one and put that in my pc. FRAPS was able to record at the specified 30FPS at full size. I did a day of recording and everything worked great. But now whenever i try and record i hit F9 and my FPS will drop right down to exactly 4FPS and stay there as if its being capped at 4fps.
    Whats going on? Why did this suddenly start happening?
    I havent changed any settings. Its just like FRAPS keeps giving up.

Help please :(

2. Robsy128

Robsy128

Have you cleared enough space on the hard drive for the videos? I know for a fact that videos recorded by Fraps are ridiculously huge (GBs are easily eaten up with this program). Perhaps you're running low on memory?

3. Adam42Almighty

Adam42Almighty Thread Starter

Bandicam records fine. Its just the audio in Bandicam isnt good. Its literally just fraps i think :(

4. turbow5

turbow5

Have you tried re-installing it?

Also to robsy responce you jsut go to start orb> computer> win7 (C:)- How much space do you have left?

5. Robsy128

Robsy128

It might be worth just checking your hard drive. I had a similar problem a while ago and when I looked at the Fraps folder in my hard drive, I was surprised to find over 100GB of videos! I cleared them all and it worked fine after that :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085787

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice