Freakin annoying boxes around my icon type

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gotrice

There are these colored boxes around the type under my icons. I want to get rid of them so my wallpaper doesn't look so freaking ugly. I've been trying everything, downloading programs and such which I don't think is good for my computer. What makes me mad though is other people have clear type without having to DL a program, what is wrong with my computer? How do I change it?

This works with XP

Under Control Panel - System - Advanced - Performance - Visual Effects -tick "Use drop shadows for Icon labels on the desktop"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts