1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Frecell Has Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Games' started by VIRAGO250, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. VIRAGO250

VIRAGO250 Thread Starter

MY GAME OF FREECELL WHICH IS AUTOMATICALLY INSTALLED WITH WINDOWS HAS SUDENLY DECIDED IT DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY. WHEN I CLICK ON THE GAME ICON, FREECELL IS AUTOMATICALLY INSTALLED IN ITS PROPER FORM,WHEN I CLICK ON ANYTHING ON THE TOOLBAR THIS IS FINE ALSO, WHEN I MOVE THE CURSOR DOWN INTO THE PLAYING AREA THE ICON ARROW CHANGES TO AN EGG-TIMER(WAIT ICON) AND THE GAME WILL GO NO FURTHER, ALTHOUGH IT WILL TURN OF WITH NO PROBLEM.
    CAN ANYONE HELP?

2. RT

RT

Hi VIRAGO

You might want to try removing and then re-installing FreeCell.

You will lose your statistics and any saved games, though.

If you would like help doing this, please post your Windows version (Windows 98, ME, XP, etc.) with your reply.

3. VIRAGO250

VIRAGO250 Thread Starter

RT THANKS FOR THE PROMPT REPLY

I HAVE THOUGHT OF DOING THIS, THE PROBLEM IS MY WINDOWS 98 WAS INSTALED BY MY SUPLIER, AND I DO NOT HAVE THE SET-UP DISC.
    I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO REINSTALL WITHOUT IT

REGARDS VIRAGO250

4. RT

RT

Yes, that is a problem :( Sorry, but I don't know how to do that without the disk either.

I can offer you this free download for Free-Cell Pro v6.4, if you'd like to try it. There's also a great deal of information about Free-Cell on this site:

http://home.earthlink.net/~fomalhaut/fcpro.html

It is not the same one that comes with Windows (it might even be better), and note that no support is offered, but it should get you playing again.

I would suggest contacting the maker of your PC and get them to send you a disk - it will probably be a "Restore disk" - you may need it from time to time. You also might try to borrow a 98 CD from a friend to reload the game. I think that would be legal as you would only be using it to restore a common Windows component.

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Do a search for *.cab on your hard drive, if windows cabs are found, what you could try, is go to add/remove programs, accessories, games, and try unchecking and rechecking there........

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!