Free Acronis True Image for Maxtor And Seagate HD owners

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Stoner

Banned
Seagate has issued through their free disk utilities, Acronis True Image for imaging hard drives.
It seems a partnership between Acronis and Seagate.
It's called 'Disk Wizard' for Seagate and 'MaxBlast' for their Maxtor line.
They appear to be the same app with different names.
I've installed Disk Wizard on a comp with a Maxtor HD and it works very well.
It's version 10 so it appears up to date and good for pata and sata drives.

The Seagate application does not seem to function correctly on win9x and win Me operation systems. I'd recommend only on XP and win2K. Vista....unknown.....if some one has info on Vista, please post it.

Free download here:
Link

or here:
Link

Davec

Gone but never forgotten
Excellent. It looks like it's the full program that I spent $50 to get version 9. I'll have to see what my HD at home is and maybe upgrade.

Davec

Gone but never forgotten
According to Windows I have a Maxtor drive on this machine but the program gives me an error and won't load saying I need a Maxtor or Seagate drive.

I've tried to install 4 times and always get this: :(

And I have both Seagate and Maxtor drives installed.

Stoner

Banned
All I can say is that it works on my P3 800, win2k, with dual Maxtor ide drives that are about 4 years old.
I was able to build an image and verify the file.
I'll reimage it tomorrow to make sure it works ( I also have another drive image in reserve by DriveImage 2002 incase it doesn't work)

My newest computers have WD and Hitachi drives, so I didn't try installing on them.

I have another computer with a 4 year old Maxtor drive and win2k that I will try tomorrow or the next day.

Stoner

Banned
I just reimaged the P3 800 with out any problems.
This computer has two Maxtor drives, about 4 years old, each.
I saved an image to the slave drive and reimaged it back to C:/ without any problems.

Tomorrow I'll install Disk Wizard to a P3 500, win2k comp with one Maxtor drive and see if it functions correctly.

buf

Thanks for sharing Stoner. Your trials look good. I use version 9 and am accepting version 10 and may just keep it in reserve. Yeah, I have a Maxtor installed on this machine.

buf

I just thought of this. Suppose someone has ONLY one of these hard drives in a USB enclosure? They could probably have that USB running when installing the software because there must be a way the software checks the type HD being used. Of course, it probably would not workunless one of the drives is installed.

Stoner

Banned
I gave that a try.
With an old Maxtor 20 gig in a USB 2.0 HD enclosure, plugged into my Acer comp, winxp mce with a Hitachi hard drive, Drive Wizard installed properly and I was able to write an image to the USB drive.
Without the Maxtor connected by USB, Acronis complains there has to be at least one Maxtor/Seagate drive recognized or it won't function.

Hope that helps :)

Well, I'm flummoxed. My event log shows an 11708 error every time I try to install.

Stoner

Banned
Sorry, I am unable to help.
So far I've been able to install on 3 separate computers and as long as there is a Maxtor hooked up in some fashion, either by ide cable or USB 2......it has worked for me.

Perhaps Seagate or Acronis has support for your issue?

Have you tried cleaning out your temp files to remove any installers from the past which might be causing a conflict?

Well I did a bunch of Googling and experimenting and figured it out. It was a Windows installer issue. I finally went to Services and started Windows Installer and the related RPC services, rebooted, and the program installed to completion. A clear case of my zeal to pare down startup apps overrunning my experience. :rolleyes: Kids, don't try this at home. :p

Thank you Stoner for sharing your great find!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online