1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

*free arrows in oblivian*

Discussion in 'Games' started by PISTON, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PISTON

PISTON Thread Starter

if you havent figured it out yet, when someone is shooting at you they seem to have an infinate amount of arrows. if you just stand in front of a wall and move out of thye way after he shoots you can pick up the arrow when it bounces on the floor then do the same over and over again untill you get tired! i managed to get 337 glass arrows out of this girl in an aleyid ruin before she finally came after me with a knife! glass arrows are no longer rare now! lol none are. also if you go to the fighters guild or any where someone is shooting arrows at targets, you can just stand by the target and keep collecting the shot arrows. it all works!

2. PEP

PEP Banned

the duplicate glitch... take bow and load it wiht arrow, but before you release it go to your inventory, and click on whatever you want to duplicate, and when you release teh arrow the amount of arrows oyu have is the amount of times the item will be duplicated.. i think thats how it works i might have got the click your item part wrong..

3. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

never realized getting arrows was a problem .... I always have at least 100 in my quiver, don't care if they are glass, elven or dwarven because they are close enough to not matter. For more bang for the buck I enchant and poison them (love paralyze) take one maybe 2 shots then go in quick with my sword before they can recover :D

4. acameron

acameron

How are you enchanting your arrows? I have tried many times but the game does not give any of my arrows in the list of items to pick for enchantment:( :( :(

5. PEP

PEP Banned

hmm i only know how to poison i guess....

6. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

My bad, I'm pretty sure you can't enchant them yourself. I should have said I poison enchanted arrows (which aren't that hard to find in the game). To poison an arrow all you need to do is click on a poison while you have your bow equipped and you will be presented with the option.

7. acameron

acameron

I am able to poison my arrows.......

I wanted to enchanr my own arrows.....got a buch of glass arrows (weight issues) and took them to the Arcane University and tried to enchant them and no matter what I did it wouldn't put them in the list of items to pick from........I thought I was doing something wrong..

That is among some of the small things that I think takes away from the overall Oblivion experience.......It's those little things that they don't allow that bother me the most.

Just like enchanting armor, you would think that once you were high enough in levels you would be able to enchant armor with any spell but you can't.......

8. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

You could do that in Morrowind, as well as place more than one enchantment on armor but that led to some pretty unbalanced gameplay and in my opinion they chose right in leaving it out of Oblivion. They may have left out the ability to enchant arrows for similar reasons. Just picture an assassin in stealth mode, 6x the damage available because of this. In his hands a bow enchanted for 20x weakness to fire an arrow knocked that has 20x fire damage that is poisoned with paralysis. He'd be able to kill anything he wanted without getting close enough to take any damage himself.

Oh yeah, if you haven't noticed you can double enchant weapons. My main sword is an ebony shortsword enchanted with 20x weakness to shock and 25x shock damage. Catch someone with two whacks in quick succession and that puppy is deadly :D

9. acameron

acameron

Actually if it is a two handed weapon it can hold 3 enchantments. The smaller the weapon the less enchantments it can hold.

A dagger can only hold one enchantment, a longsword can hold 2 and a Dai Katana or Claymore can hold 3.

I see what you are saying about unbalancing the game, but the way around that for me would be to limit the power of the individual enchantments for weapons and aromor themselves not just take away the abilty to enchant all together (for certain items anyway)

10. PISTON

PISTON Thread Starter

that arrow glitch you told me about doesnt work, but thatd be awesome if it did!

11. PEP

PEP Banned

THERE WE GO!!!

Item Duplication
    First you need a bow, some arrows, and the item you wish to duplicate. Using this will allow you to duplicate as many items as the number of items in your quiver.

First take out your bow and equip some arrows. Pull back the arrow but do not fire it. Press tab and double click on the arrows you currently have equiped. Then shift click the item you wish to duplicate. Once you exit out the menu the item would drop but it will be the same amount of items as your arrow. To better help yourself duplicate things it is advised to have a couple of the item you wish to duplicate so that you can pick them up faster if you have a ton of arrows. This trick works well with things that weigh very little but are great in value such as soul gems and jewelry.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice