1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Free disk space message

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by poochee, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. poochee

poochee Thread Starter

At least once a week I get this message: "To free up disk space, OE can compact messages". I just click "OK". I have 132 GB available so why do I get a message like this?

I get a lot of email from the forum plus my personal email. That's about it.

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

All this is would be Outlook Express compressing your emails and nothing to worry about. There is a setting in the tools that I believe turns this off but that would be a waste of space then.

3. poochee

poochee Thread Starter

4. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Not sure what the bump is for.

Roughly every 100 exits of OE will result in this message.

When you delete emails, they are only "flagged" as being deleted and are still consuming space in the mail files. By compacting, these are really deleted thus reducting the size of the files.

5. poochee

poochee Thread Starter

Just wanted to see if there was anymore info on the subject. You supplied additional.

Thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/494198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice