1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

free dll repairer

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by adambailey, Sep 9, 2003.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. adambailey

adambailey Guest Thread Starter

hey every 1 i have windows 98 and some dll fils are erased and not working hence my jarva dont work and when i go to websites it does not open most of thr windows so its ***** is there a free program i can download that will find and fix the dll files or add them if nessary? cause iam not much in the mood fro reformatting any help welcome websites etc except dll.com because when i try to download a dll file it wont open the window dus its no good!!!

thankyouverymuch!

adam

2. mobo

mobo

Try start run and type sfc which is the windows 98 system file checker. have it scan for missing or corrupt files. You will also need the 98 cdrom to achieve the desired results here.

3. adambailey

didnt work, because the dll file has been replaced wihth a more up to date version of it, so the computer will always choose the new one over the old one, but it has affected our ability to read pop ups and incredimail etc do you know any thing else to do

thankyou verymuch

adam

4. mobo

mobo

If you knowf the particular dll then locate it and try renaming it to something.old.

5. adambailey

remember i cant open windows so good

6. mobo

mobo

can you scanreg /restore to a point berore the files were erased ? how long ago did the troubles start ?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163499

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice