Free forums okay?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kingmatt

I'm looking at setting up a family forum as the exchange of emails between memebers has gotten a little crazy.
Is there anything about them I should be aware of ?
Is there a security hole in the thing?
Some of the family memebers are elderly so I'm particularly concerned about leaving ourselves open.
Is it possible to make the forum invisible to non users?
Advice and experiences welcome here :)
I know there are many, this was the first I found and it looks cute.

http://www.forumforfree.com/

Regards
Matt

MMJ

I know SMF has the ability to lock the forum to guests and only allow approved members to signup while phpbb does not have the former features.

As long as you keep the forum uptodate there isn't much else you can do unless install some mods that increase security. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online