Free FTP server needed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jackdw

I need an FTP server to run on a machine that can have an unlimited amount of users but most of all, BE FREE.

Freeware, not shareware or free trials. 100% free that give unlimited user accounts.

Does anyone know of one?

Thanks
Jack

jackdw

Thanks for the link. I tried filezilla and thats a FTP Browser. I need an FTP server.

Etaf, I'll install your suggestion on the server tonight.

Filezilla has a FTP server, you just have to download the server app, not the client...

I use it here and it works quite well...

jackdw

Ok, I'll give that a go in about an hour when I have some time.

Didn't see server app. Any idea on max amount of users?

jackdw said:
Ok, I'll give that a go in about an hour when I have some time.

Didn't see server app. Any idea on max amount of users?
It's right there...

And...No I don't know if there are any max users (don't remember reading anything about max users), but it's free...

jackdw

I see. Ooops, I just clicked the top one thinking that the other two were the beta and older version. I'll isntall it now and let you know what I think.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online