1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Free I P O D S NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by lisaa7002, Dec 14, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. lisaa7002

lisaa7002 Thread Starter

Sorry guys I just couldn't resist. At the top of the page (here) there was a little guy you got to blow up. I blew him up & it took me to "Get a free I P O D in 3 easy steps!" I about laughed myself off my chair. You just can't escape from the little buggers can you? :eek: :p

2. hewee

hewee

You need a spanking Lisa for posting this thread to make me look.
    I knew you knew better but there was that Free I P O D S NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! title so I looked. :D

3. lighthouse

lighthouse

It's like the spam you get in your mobile phone inbox - giving away an IPOD - y'know, just phone this hugely expensive premium rate number and the organisers, just sort of , don't send you the prize!!!

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Watch out for the links on the top of the page.. Every once and a while I get a "Your current security settings prohibit activex on this page from being displayed correctly" from having pages known to carry spyware and malware blocked. :(

5. lisaa7002

lisaa7002 Thread Starter

I was at one point assuming that Mike was in charge of the ads that went up here & then a few months ago someone mentioned that they are just There. I just got a kick out of it... we just got rid of (most of) the spammers & then "they" found another way in!
    You can run, but you can't hide!

6. hewee

hewee

Lisa you need to get a hosts file and then you will not see any ads.
    I paid to have the ads turned off here and love it.
    But I can also come here if I log out and I don't see any ads because I block them with my hosts file. :D
    Now the page layout is better with the ads turn off still so I will still pay to support the site.

7. Craig321

Craig321

tutut, why does this forum have dodgy ads anyways?

8. lisaa7002

lisaa7002 Thread Starter

Yeah, I always MEAN to donate, but then, there come flat tires, dentist bills, Christmas..... and the list goes on! The ads actually don't bother me. I tune them out like the kids noisy toys.

9. lighthouse

lighthouse

Did any one here win that Plasma TV that was put forward as a prize? Or was it a scam?

10. Craig321

Craig321

It's not so much IPODs anymore - more plasma TVs lol

11. Infidel_Kastro

Infidel_Kastro

12. Big-K

Big-K

Oh cmon, everyone knows it all about the I-River these days.

13. hewee

hewee

Yes all the bills take money. :eek: :D :rolleyes:

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/307589