1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Free Internet TV

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by paulcopen, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paulcopen

paulcopen Thread Starter

I just heard an advertisement for getting free TV on the Internet anywhere you have access to the web. I was wondering if its safe? For a one time fee of around $197.00 you can download a software package that allows you to watch TV programs from all over the world on your computer. The creator calls his software the grabber. The web site is www.orderfreetv.com. What I'm worried about is downloading a program that grabs all my personal data at the same time it may allow you to watch a TV program. If anyone has any information about this product or web site I'd appreciate your feedback.

2. simelwill

simelwill

Well its certainly not free then is it - 197 Dollars - keep your money in your pocket. My experience of so called free internet TV is that you may get some free programming but most of these are news stations
    and many in foreign languages mainly Japanese or Arabic. My advise would be to stay well away from these sort of "offers". Just try and Google for free internet TV and you should get plenty of sites that stream Internet TV programmes then you will see what I mean.

3. paulcopen

paulcopen Thread Starter

Your Probably right, I was more worried about the download being spam or milicious in nature

4. ACA529

ACA529

Don't do it. Just get regular cable or sat.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703208

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice