1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Free iPods???

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by CoasterFreak, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CoasterFreak

CoasterFreak Thread Starter

First Name:
    Everett
    NOPE, I'm not spamming..its me your talking about..lol

But my question, anyone acutally use this before? are they safe. They're kind of pulling me in, lol. I keep getting e-mails and I keep getting ads, its getting very tempting. So what do you guys say, safe to use? Or should I keep ignoring them..lol

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Retired Moderator

Ignore them, they want you to complete surveys and buy trial this and that and end up paying more in time and money than it would cost actually buying one at the store.

Their surveys spawn more surveys spawning more surveys and you never see the end of it.

I tried it once for an xbox, should have just purchased the xbox. :eek:
    Sometimes you just have to find out for yourself...

3. CoasterFreak

CoasterFreak Thread Starter

First Name:
    Everett
    Haha, thanks. Thats the kind of answer i was looking for..lol

4. linskyjack

linskyjack

The only so-called free Ipod offer I know of is one by Citibank---you have to deposit 5000 I think and you have to keep your balance above 2500 for the first six months---As my daddy always told me---be leery of strangers carrying free gifts.

5. Big-K

Big-K

What ever happened to the free toaster?:confused:

You realize that by buying it, you'll probably keep getting ads, or even get more?

6. Baldeagle001

Baldeagle001

Well, let me tell you I signed up for the free sony camcorder. Well after you complet all three stages you get it. But they dont really explain that in the ad you get. You dont relize that until you check you status of your item. I learned the hard way. But the good thing is I only got stuck with a MBG contract which I plan on canceling and a Columbia House DVD contract. But I think that one I will keep. But the whole thing I understood when I read it was that I only had to complete two offers. But you have to complete six offers. So don't bother uless you want to spend a lot more money than buying it out right. But if any of the services they offer you. You plan on using in the future maybe it is not such a bad deal. But myself I give this a thums down. It really is not worth the spam you get and the trouble you go throguh to get it.

7. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Retired Moderator

Oh yeah!

Spam and more spam.

My favorite (heavy sarcasm) surveys, were the ones you tried to submit without selecting one of their frivolous offers (surveys in addition to the original survey), a message would come up stating, You have not selected an item and would not allow you to move forward with the survey until you did so.

So you picked the lesser of the available evils and Wham! another completely different survey popped up, running off on tangents.

I never saw the end of the survey as it changed direction so many times I gave up in disgust with them and myself for falling for it.

8. dmneoblade

dmneoblade

This is what hotpop accounts are for.
    Signup, check with your e-mail client until it is shipped, then just let the account float free!
    Been doing it for years!

9. somefellow

somefellow

the free ipod deal going around is a pyramid scheme .....lots of sites simply ban/delete any posts about them .

10. jgjulio

jgjulio

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322911

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice