Free of Cheap webvsite provider

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alicez

Can anyone suggest a free or cheap website provider?
One that would allow me to customize it and use my own backgrounds (no templates),etc.l

JiminSA

Jim
I would like you to know that using a free hosting service is all well and good, but you leave your site open to malware by so doing. Please check this out.
That said, 000webhost.com IMO are about the best.

alicez

Thank you. That 000webhost is way to difficult for this simple mind of mine.
We were looking for one that would allow us to create an Index.html page and then add pages every so often, using our backgrounds and images on each page, etc.

Index.html
Page1.html
Page2.html
etc....

colinsp

Colin
If you are prepared to pay a small amount of money rather than free take a look at http://3ix.org that have cPanel hosting from as little as $1 US per month. I have a friend that happily runs a Wordpress site on this for $12 a year. No adverts and full email support.

I wouldn't personally recommend using 000webhost, I did some experimentation a while back and it seems that they append their own PHP code during execution, I'm not sure what the code does but it comes from their build of PHP and is not stored in the PHP files.

JiminSA

Jim
Thanks for the heads-up on the php intrusion, Kyle - perhaps I should have said
That said, 000webhost.com IMO are about the best, of a vulnerable bunch.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online