free rtf &ltr converter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

evonna_21

:eek: .
Hello! I was wondering if anyone knew of a free program converter I could use to convert my resume and cover letter (rtf & ltr files) into a microsoft word document with graphics. The resume program I used is Winway Resume 9.0. The resume program converts the program into word but without the graphics.

If there's anyone that can help me i'd appreciate it because I want my resume and cover letter to look its' best. I need a job like yesterday but without the converter I can't e-mail anyone my resume without it being a rich text file or a plain word document.

I'm seriously broke and DO NOT HAVE ANY MONEY TO BUY A SOFTWARE THAT WILL DO THIS TASK. Thank you in advanced to anyone that responds

Word reads .RTF files. Is that what you want to do, put it into Word?

sekirt

evonna_21

When I transfer the resume to word the graphics are gone that I had on it in the resume software. When you transfer it into word I don't see any of the outlines, pictures or colors I had on the resume in the winway resume software. I want the resume to look just like it does in the resume software when I open it up in word

evonna_21

When I transfer the resume to word the graphics are gone that I had on it in the resume software. When you transfer it into word I don't see any of the outlines, pictures or colors I had on the resume in the winway resume software.

Let's see if I've got all this straight now.

1) You made up a resume using WinWay 9. Is this a trial copy or a paid for copy?

2) You included some graphics. Are these your graphics or do they come from WinWay?

3) The resulting RTF file, when opened in Word, will not show anything but the text. No graphics.

Are you going to print your resume or send a digital copy? If you are going to print it, use WinWay. If you used a trial copy of WinWay, perhaps it is intentional that graphics do not show up in Word. You may have to do the entire resume over using Word. Or purchase the WinWay product. I notice that WinWay 11 will send PDF digital files. Those are much more secure than sending digital Word files. There is hidden information within Word Document files.

http://www.winway.com/main3/products/winres/default.aspx

sekirt

evonna_21

You've it straight except I paid for winway. I wish I did have the 11th version but I don't have money to pay for it. Plus, I need to put the document in word with the graphics so that when I send the resume and cover letter as an attachment in an e-mail the employer will be able to view the complete document in word. So in other words I want the document to look the same in word as it does in the winway resume program. I paid for this program unfortunately. I wish I did have version 10 or 11 but you've to pay the company in order to upgrade the document. Thank you for taking the time to help me.

http://OpenOffice.org
Its a big download just for this, but it will convert RTF->MS Word.

EDIT: Why don't you just send the RTF File? If they can open Word docs, they'll definitely be able to open that, and it'll work better for people that don't have Word.

Did you try to copy/paste directly into Word?
If all the pictures are on your computer, it might work.

sekirt

What sekirt suggested is right. All you should have to do is go to Insert, Picture, Browse, select the graphic and click ok. Be sure to position the cursor in the Word doc where you want to insert the graphic.

Sometimes I copy web pages that have pictures or diagrams, and Word says it cannot open the graphic, so using the procedure above, I insert them, and wind up with the original web page in a Word doc.

Please let us know if that works.

evonna_21

Unfortunately, I tried to copy and paste but it didn't work. Winway uses their own graphics. By the way thank everyone for replying.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online