1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Free web based Helpdesk software?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Crusnik, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Crusnik

Crusnik Thread Starter

So I am doing side tech work on the side with my friends and we though it'd be a good idea to get some web based Helpdesk type software to track out work load, customers, etc.

Thigs we are looking for:
    Free
    Web based (SQL for the database)
    Able to create tickets and have the ability to search for past ones
    Create cusomter contacts for customer information and easy access to that data for returning customers

Thats the basics. Seems like there is alot out there, but wanted to see if anyone here might have suggestions before I get head deep into a crappy piece of software.

2. olddirtret

olddirtret

Will this web site be hosted on the Internet or on a local network Intranet..??

3. Crusnik

Crusnik Thread Starter

Internet, I rent webspace through dreamhost.

4. olddirtret

olddirtret

I'm partial to open source software. It does a good job and the price is right.

Anyway, a CMS like Joomla would be a great way to good. There are many components and extensions that will fit your ideas. Take a look at
    http://extensions.joomla.org/

Google Joomla Helpdesk components and see what comes back

Also Dreamhost supports Joomla ( I just checked )..

Hope this helps

5. DavidErdmann

DavidErdmann

Take a look at www.helpdesksoftware.com where you can find a tool called BridgeTrak. It seems like it can suit your requirements.

We've been using this solution successfully for the past several years so if you have any questions - feel free to ask.

David

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758526

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice