freeBSD query

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cyber19582

i have installed freeBSD and i would like to now how do i exit if i login with a user name, i know that "shutdown -h now" works under the root login............what comand do i use to start the system..is it "startx", and if so, is that only via root

hello, u need to be logged in as any user i beleive but dont qoute me to be able to use the startx command and to login use the command login then input ypur user name password ect..

The system is started when you get the login prompt.You have to be root to shutdown the system,though you may be able to set up a regular user to do that .I have FreeBSD 4.7 but havent decided where I want to install it yet:)
lynch

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts