Freecell Lost

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tromda

The freecell that came with my Windows '98 isn't working anymore. It loads, but then the screen is all jumbled when I hit "new game".

The last time I had my computer in to be fixed, the repair person updated me to a newer version of 98, so when I tried to reload Windows 98, it won't let me.

All that I really want is to reload the Free Cell game. Can you help?

One of the problems with FreeCell and other card games is conflicts with other programs -- particularly monitoring programs.

Try this, before opening Freecell (do it offline), do a ctrl-alt-del and end task everything but Explorer and systray. Then run FreeCell.

There are known conflicts with symantec products, Grisoft AVG and a few others I can't think of at the moment.

If you need to remove and reinstall FreeCell, you can do it through Add/Remove programs>Windows Setup>Accessories>Detals>games

You will need your Windows CD or to enter c:\windows\options\cabs when prompted for a disk.

...and welcome to TSG :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online