1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Freecell Lost

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by tromda, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tromda

tromda Thread Starter

The freecell that came with my Windows '98 isn't working anymore. It loads, but then the screen is all jumbled when I hit "new game".

The last time I had my computer in to be fixed, the repair person updated me to a newer version of 98, so when I tried to reload Windows 98, it won't let me.

All that I really want is to reload the Free Cell game. Can you help?

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

One of the problems with FreeCell and other card games is conflicts with other programs -- particularly monitoring programs.

Try this, before opening Freecell (do it offline), do a ctrl-alt-del and end task everything but Explorer and systray. Then run FreeCell.

There are known conflicts with symantec products, Grisoft AVG and a few others I can't think of at the moment.

If you need to remove and reinstall FreeCell, you can do it through Add/Remove programs>Windows Setup>Accessories>Detals>games

You will need your Windows CD or to enter c:\windows\options\cabs when prompted for a disk.

...and welcome to TSG :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64305

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice