1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Freedom Firewall Won't Uninstall Completely

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ams12653, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ams12653

ams12653 Thread Starter

I had Freedom Firewall 4.2, noticed that it was not supported so I sent email to tech support. They comfirmed that to be so and instructed me to uninstall Freedom Firewall and sent me a link to install Radialpoint.

I did that, but while installing Radialpoint it would get part of the way through and I would receive a messaging saying "Your existing security suite must be
    uninstalled before Radialpoint can be installed."

I again emailed tech support with this problem and they sent me a cleaner tool.

http://zeroknowledge.fileburst.com/SupportDownloads/FreedomCleanup.exe

I ran the cleaner tool twice, I also ran the application many times, but
    when I try to install Radialpoint I continue to get the same message - "Your existing security suite must be uninstalled before Radialpoint can be installed."

The only place I see the Freedom is in the recycle bin. Also if I go to add
    or remove programs there is Zero Knowledge Freedom but when I click remove I
    get "The following file does not exist or is not a valid uninstallation log
    file, C:\Program Files\Zero Knowledge\Freedom\uninstal.log".

I already removed the Freedom program.

Help.

2. smeegle

smeegle

Have you tried to do a system restore back to the point before you downloaded it?

3. ams12653

ams12653 Thread Starter

No, I am not sure how to even do that.
    The firewall was installed on the computer when we bought it (a few years ago).

4. fornipez

fornipez

I also cannot get rid of this cursed Freedom firewall.. I ran the cleaner program, looked in registry, msconfig, process list, spybot, running file search, etc. I can't kill it. I just purchased Kaspersky Internet suite, and cannot run it...Conflict with Freedon firewall. PLEASE help, I want this software GONE..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540306

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice