"freedownloadscentre"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Brynn

Every time I atempt to download I get redirected to something called 'Freedownloadscentre' and then my download is stopped due to an error message that says "Windows socket error: no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it (10061), on API". It does not matter where I am downloading from or what I am downloading I get that message every time. I have searched my PC to atempt to find this "freedownloadscentre" and remove it but it must be called something else as I cannot find it.

Can anyone shred any light on this on how to get rid of it from my PC and hopefully stop it from returning again as I have not requested it and do not want it.

Many thanks.

Brynn-Dafydd

Brynn

Hiya,

have tried as recomended downloading the file but unfortunatly as always "Freedownloadscentre" kicks in and puts a stop to the download :( this is driving me mad now

Brynn-Dafydd

Brynn

Hi again,
have done a seaech for them and also anything to do with spyware in general and the search found nothing.

Brynn-Dafydd

you obviously have something hijacking you browser. Go to tools internet options and delete all temp files as well as offline content and cookies. Next go to add/remove programs and see if there is something listed that you didn't download or looks suspicious.

Brynn

Thanks for all your help. Will try what you recomened and see what happens. Is there a way of getting to browser settings and looking to see what is there that may have caused the hyjack?

Brynn-Dafydd

simple spyware that you are able to get without the proper software.

Also right click on the taskbar and see if there is anything you don't recognize. If so end task it and try the download again for hijackthis.

Also if you have access to another pc you candownload hjt there and copy the zip file to a floppy and unzip it onto the broken pc to run it.

Brynn

Hi,
have done what you recomended and the folders are now empty. I have been doing a search with the help of google after running a program I have called "EndItAll" after noticing some progams I did not understand. The main one is called "rb32.exe" and seems to be a hijacker of some description. Any light on this?

Brynn

can't run any programs as freedownloadscentre pops up everytime I try to save a file/program or open it . Is there any other way to find and delete this file without downloading a file/program or opening a file/program that I do not already have?

Do a search for it form start, search and if you find it try deleting it. You may have to end task it as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online