1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Freeing Up Memory

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jozza800, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jozza800

jozza800 Thread Starter

Windows XP Prof Ed
    AMD Athlon XP2000
    Epox MB
    768mb DDR RAM
    40gig 7200rpm HDD
    56x CD drv
    40x12x48x CD-RW
    ATI Readon9000 GFX
    Hercules Fortissimo Audio
    56k Modem
    LAN with another COMP'

After trying to start a new game of CM01/02 i am fronted with a mssg saying there is not enough system memory please free some up and try again.

How do i do this? the other thing does this refer to RAM if so then it cant be as im sure im not usng all 768mb!

Could this also be what is affecting the rest of me PC im experience slowness when opening flders and files, just general slowness!

Any thoughts?

2. chilleds

chilleds

How many apps do you have open, hit ALT+CTRL+DEL and look down the task list? Also, do you have a virus checker installed?

Let me know.

--Ed

***For Windows XP Tips and Tricks visit www.chilledsoftware.com/xptips/ ***

3. jozza800

jozza800 Thread Starter

Usually just 1 app at all times, Fortissimo Audio Controller, then whatever other apps usually Messenger and IE. Then Any games that r running.

under the processes tab there r 26 processes

No virus software, iv just used Houscall to check through.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice