Freeing Up Storage On Macbook Pro

lilsiggg

I have a 121 GB capacity on my Macbook Pro, but apparently, I only have 35 GB remaining. I have deleted all applications and files I feel comfortable with, but I am uncertain about what to delete in the "Other" category. "Other" is consuming 44 GB, but I am not sure what I can safely delete in regards to caches, logs and other metadata. Any help is much appreciated!

Hi, this is sounds very similar to me!
Here are my solutions:

Get a copy of the 'cleanmymac' software
This software does what it says. I have used it manny times and it never deleted importent files.

The manual way, without having to buy software.
Go to your finder icon, right click on the icon -> Go to Folder
Than paste or type this in there: ~/Library/Cache
No you are at the cache folder
Press the space bar and take a look on how big it is. If it's massive than this folder is your problem.
I have deleted it multiple times and never lost anything. Of course it's always on your own risk, it took it.

lilsiggg

Hi, this is sounds very similar to me!
Here are my solutions:

Get a copy of the 'cleanmymac' software
This software does what it says. I have used it manny times and it never deleted importent files.

The manual way, without having to buy software.
Go to your finder icon, right click on the icon -> Go to Folder
Than paste or type this in there: ~/Library/Cache
No you are at the cache folder
Press the space bar and take a look on how big it is. If it's massive than this folder is your problem.
I have deleted it multiple times and never lost anything. Of course it's always on your own risk, it took it.
Thank you so much! I will try both suggestions.

I have a 121 GB capacity on my Macbook Pro, but apparently, I only have 35 GB remaining. I have deleted all applications and files I feel comfortable with, but I am uncertain about what to delete in the "Other" category. "Other" is consuming 44 GB, but I am not sure what I can safely delete in regards to caches, logs and other metadata. Any help is much appreciated!
Use Stellar SpeedUp Mac to free up your storage & boost performance. It offers an effortless way to clean up system junk data, erase trash leftovers, remove log files, manage the extensions, and all unwanted garbage files. It comes up 30-days free for trial after that if you want you can buy.

Read more here - https://www.stellarinfo.com/article/free-mac-cleaner-software.php

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online