Freeware Screenshot Utility

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

amphibian

Looking for a good screenshot utility. Most of the ones I have found are shareware and have to pay a fee after 30 days. :(
Can anyone help?

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Are you looking for extra features that are not built into Windows. What is wrong with using the Print Screen Button or Alt+PrintScreen and then pasting it into Paint or some other program.

amphibian

Sqwash, thanks for your reply.,

I make a lot of guides for the network users where I work. Zooming into small areas are ideal, as is capturing a specific area of the screenshot and pasting it into a word doc.
I have been trying to use prnt screen, but its taking up a lot of time to edit the screens. Just looking for something to simply the mundane.

also, print screen does not include the mouse pointer in a screenshot. utilities like PSP 8 do, and this feature is essential in making illustrated turtorials. I'd like to hear any freeware suggestions as well.

amphibian

Peters, thanks for the link. I tried it out and it works for what I use it for.

If anyone finds others please post. I am always looking for something better! Thanks again.

Hello amphibian,
I use Irfan View for capturing screen shots since my work is limited to taking screen shots of complete windows etc.
Some time ack iused this software called MWSnap.Check out the following link and see if it meets your requirements:
MWSnap
Cheers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online