1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Freeze at startup, blue screen of death, never ending loading... oh my!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tackaka, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackaka

Tackaka Thread Starter

Problem:

So, my dear computer is acting up again. And this time, it's a hardware problem. Whenever I turn it on it would beep indicating that the system has started up correctly, would show me the bios start-up window and then out of the blue while checking the CD-ROM for Boot CD this message appears:
    INTEL UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 082)
    For Realtek RTL8111B/8111C Gigabit Ethernet Controller v2.06 (0704255)
    PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
    PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM

Randomly, I manage to get past this and attempt to load on the Windows XP, after doing so I get a black screen or running it a few minutes I get a blue screen of death.

Safe mode doesn't work either, since the System Restore is turned off, and I haven't installed anything or modified the OC in any way for a long time.

Technical parameters of the PC:

OC: Windows XP SP3 32bit
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz 10066MHz 3MB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P30-ES3G 775 P31 1333MHz DDR2
    RAM: Kingston DDRII 2GB PC6400 80 MHz CL6 x2
    HDD: SG ST3500320AS 500GB SII 32MB 7200
    Video Card: PoV GeForce 9600GT 1GB DDR3 256bit HDTV HDMI
    Power supply: Forton ATX-450PNR 450W ATX

Is there a way to fix this without going to my vendor for a repair? All advice are welcome, thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/885188

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice