Freeze--So Cold

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

linskyjack

I have an Inspiron 8200 that has been serving me well for over two years. Recently, after working in a program like Microsoft Word, , the program that you have open wont respond to anything other then data entered from the keyboard. You can't scroll, you cant access menu items (ie. you can't save), you cant X out a window etc. I can open task manager and see that all the apps are running, but they are essentially useless to me because of the window freezes. I can't even close task manager or close down programs. Its as if the computer isn't recognizing my mouse clicks. I can't shut down my computer without doing a control/alt/delete. I tried a virus scan but it didn't do the job. I know this is a wierd one, and I assuming that its a software problem. Any ideas.

sy2

Is this only for Office programs or does it apply to non-Microsoft products and programs?

First thing I'm thinking is an Office repair/reinstall if you've already done adware/virus scanning and whatnot. Either that or maybe a Windows repair?

Very strange...

linskyjack

I know----it is also happening in when I am on the Internet and running other applications. Have been pretty anal about keeping the laptop free of viruses (run protection and do plenty of scans) adware etc. I was thinking of doing a complete system reinstall---but I have a funny feeling it could be a hardware problem. Anyhow, computing can be so frustrating!

sy2

Anything showing up in Device Manager?

I had a problem a few weeks ago where Mozilla would get all choppy when I scrolled up and down pages that turned out to be some sort of driver corruption or something. Ultimately had to format and reinstall everything, but Device Manager tipped me off to the problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online