1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Freeze up at Windows ME screen

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Planardragon, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Planardragon

Planardragon Thread Starter

My computer is a Compaq 5108US. I was trying to load a game, had plenty of memory, and when it tried to restart, and come back, it goes to the Windows ME screen and just sits. I've tried running restore, but it's not running from the disk. I can't get the computer to boot all the way up to restore that way. What should I do? If anyone has an idea, PLEASE help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks...

2. A Hawk

A Hawk

When you say disk do you mean the ME cd or the floppy boot disk?? If your trying from the cd, try booting from the floppy if you haven't got one you can get one here http://www.cybertechhelp.com/ make sure you d/load it to your desktop then with a clean floppy in A: drive click on the icon and it will create a boot disk. :) Once you boot from the floppy at the prompt type scanreg /restore with a space between scanreg and /restore. Once the registry is scaned it will give you some restore points that you can go back to. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218906

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice