Freeze up/Too much in start menu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Carobbean

I'm still having freezing problems!!..have checked other postings and see that I may also have too much in my start up but I am unsure as to what it is safe to " uncheck"...could someone please advise? ALso, by "unchecking" an item I am not uninstalling it, right? Just not having it run on startup. Thanks....my next step will be to download ad-aware!..also..fyi I do Norton Liveupdate every day and forgot to mention am running WINME..

Heres what is in my startup

*StateMgr c:\windows\system\restore\statemgr.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
AlogServEXE c:\program files\mcafee\mcafee virusscan\alogserv.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
AMD-SIR c:\ati\gart\amd-sir.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Ati2cwxx ati2cwxx.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
ATIPOLAB ati2evxx.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
AtiPTA atiptaxx.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
AvconsoleEXE c:\program files\mcafee\mcafee virusscan\avconsol.exe /minimize All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
BaySwap c:\program files\phoenix technologies\bayswap\bayswap.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
BaySwap2 c:\program files\phoenix technologies\bayswap\tbupdate.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
CPQEASYACC c:\program files\compaq\easy access button support\cpqeadm.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
CPQInet c:\compaq\cpqinet\cpqinet.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
EACLEAN c:\program files\compaq\easy access button support\eaclean.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
LoadPowerProfile rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,loadcurrentpwrscheme All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
LoadPowerProfile rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,loadcurrentpwrscheme All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
LoadQM loadqm.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
McAfeeWebScanX c:\program files\mcafee\mcafee virusscan\webscanx.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
McAfeeWebScanX c:\program files\mcafee\mcafee virusscan\webscanx.exe /runservices All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders c:\progra~1\common~1\micros~1\workss~1\wkcalrem.exe .DEFAULT Startup
MiniLog c:\windows\system\zonelabs\minilog.exe -service All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
MSConfigReminder c:\windows\system\msconfig.exe /reminder All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
MSMSGS "c:\progra~1\messen~1\msmsgs.exe" /background .DEFAULT HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Norton Auto-Protect c:\progra~1\norton~1\navapw32.exe /loadquiet All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
OEMCLEANUP c:\windows\options\oemreset.exe /o All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
PCHealth c:\windows\pchealth\support\pchschd.exe -s All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
PRPCMonitor prpcui.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
ScanRegistry c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
SchedulingAgent mstask.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
Service Connection c:\cpqs\bwtools\sccenter.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
SSDPSRV c:\windows\system\ssdpsrv.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
SynTPEnh c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\syntpenh.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
SynTPLpr c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\syntplpr.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
SystemTray systray.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
TaskMonitor c:\windows\taskmon.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
TrueVector c:\windows\system\zonelabs\vsmon.exe -service All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
VsecomrEXE c:\program files\mcafee\mcafee virusscan\vsecomr.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
Vshwin32EXE c:\program files\mcafee\mcafee virusscan\vshwin32.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Vshwin32EXE c:\program files\mcafee\mcafee virusscan\vshwin32.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
VsStatEXE c:\program files\mcafee\mcafee virusscan\vsstat.exe /showwarning All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
ZoneAlarm c:\progra~1\zonela~1\zoneal~1\zoneal~1.exe -nopopup All Users Common Startup

Hi carobbean,Follow ratchet's advice on that link she posted.You also have 2 anti virus programs.You should delete one of them because it will probably cause a conflict.

Carobbean

Thanks gang, I'm in the process of wading thru pac-portal info. Yes, I actually have Macafee ( came with the PC) , Norton and Zonealarm running...a bit of overkill??? What should I remove??
Many thanks for the speedy replies!

Hi carobbean,i have Norton and zone alarm.Its up to you which one you keep.But keep zone alarm.:D Just make sure you follow the uninstalling procedure for whichever one you decide to uninstall.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online