1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

freeze up

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by chasf, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chasf

chasf Thread Starter

Occasionally I get a non-responding window. Also it has this in the little window that tells me that it is non-responding. hpqimzone.exe. What the heck is this and what might I do about it. thanks.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    hpqimzone.exe

http://www.file.net/process/hpqimzone.exe.html

My guess is that you have HP Image Zone software installed. It's part of the extra bloat that comes with installing software for HP printers, scanners, etc.. If you select the default install option, everything gets installed. Consider selecting the custom install option in the future so you can have control over what gets installed.

What HP device do you have?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

3. chasf

chasf Thread Starter

I have a HP Deskjet F335 All-In-One Printer-Scanner-Copier installed.

Should I uninstall and use the custom install? I am sort of an amarture on computers so may not know how exactly to do the custom installation.

Or should I leave well enough alone?

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If your HP Deskjet F335 All-In-One(that's an old one!) is working OK, just leave the software alone for now.

Click Start - Run, type in MSCONFIG and then click OK - "Startup" tab. The leftmost column is the "Startup Item" list. Write down the entire list in that column and then post the list here. Make sure to spell and post them exactly as you see them listed. I'm interested in the HP-related entries, but there will be other entries too that don't need to automatically load and run, so that's why I want the entire list.

If you know how to install HijackThis 2.0.2 and run a scan with it and then post the resulting log here, that'll make it easier for you.

------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!