1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Freezes and Taskbar Problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Powerakl, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Powerakl

Powerakl Thread Starter

Hi, so i've been having many problems with my computer ever since I factory reset it due to a virus.
    So the problem is that when I click a program on my taskbar, it does not pop up and it just stays minimized. It happens really often too. Usually I would need to click two to five time for it to pop up, but sometimes it still choses to stay minimized. The only sure way of maximizing it is hovering my mouse over the application, waiting for the preview to pop up, then right clicking the image and then maximize. Also, another problem is some that some of my windowed applications become unresponsive for about half a second the majority of the times I click on it. For example when I play solitaire, more than half the times I click on it, it becomes unresponsive half a second and resumes. Same for many other things. When I play games with a dedicated full screen mode, everything runs smoothly, but when I put it on windowed, more than 50% of the clicks will make the program unresponsive for a fraction of a second.
    Thank you for your time and hope to hear from someone soon!

2. nasirmazhar

nasirmazhar

when it freezes, hit control-alt-del and go to task manager and check the process tab for what process is hogging the CPU. IF you can't figure how to fix it from there then get back to us with what's using up your CPU time and we may be able to figure out something to try.

It could be that your system is just too slow and needs time to get done with something to be able to do another.

If problem still persists try
    http://www.techyv.com/questions/windows-7-taskbar-transparency-not-working

3. Powerakl

Powerakl Thread Starter

My CPU usage was about 1-4% when I checked while playing solitaire and nothing was hogging the CPU usage
    But I was still experiencing the not responding
    It happens when I click on the program, it stops responding for less than half a second and then works fine again but happens nonstop
    And I looked at the article, my computers base score is 6.8
    I don't believe its my computer being slow because I run a Solid State Drive, but thanks!

4. Megabite

Megabite

Since you have done the factory reset have you updated drivers and windows?

5. Powerakl

Powerakl Thread Starter

Yeah all of my video graphics and sound drivers are up to date and I installed all of the windows update things

6. Megabite

Megabite

Try in Safe Mode by tapping F8 on startup and see if it acts the same

7. Powerakl

Powerakl Thread Starter

Everything is working fine in safe mode, but then again a lot of programs aren't opening in safe mode, like for example the programs which usually freeze are games but I can't test any of them in safe mode

8. laker_fan

laker_fan

9. Powerakl

Powerakl Thread Starter

After stopping all of my 3d party services and leaving the all the Microsoft ones on, all of the problems are reduced dramatically but they still reappear once in a while
    So should I try disabling some of the microsoft services too until I find the troubled one? Because all of my windows updates are up to date

Edit: Actually I lied, I turned all 3d party services off and all the problems came back again

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice