1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

freezes do to what?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by learning1, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. learning1

learning1 Thread Starter

if I move my hardware acceleration rate off the none possition then my screen develops horizontal lines and then my computer freezes up, was told possibly it was the monitor, still does it with new one.

2. brianF

brianF

What type of video card do you have?????

Have you removed the video card and tried to reinstall it, along with new drivers and reinstall directx

3. learning1

learning1 Thread Starter

I have a trident 3D and no I have not removed it

4. brianF

brianF

That's an older card.
    If you have the drivers for it do the following.

Guess your best bet would be to remove it from device manager, reboot, let windows reinstall it.

5. learning1

learning1 Thread Starter

so you think it is the graphics card, was going to go buy one tomorrow, and just wanted to know if this was the problem. like I said before was told before it was the monitor, which was going out and replaced it to find it was not the problem all test say that directx is working fine, no problems, no conflicts

6. brianF

brianF

My thought is the video card, but I could be wrong.
    I really don't see how the monitor could cause it, it has nothing to do with hardware acceleration, the video card does

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63794

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice