1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Freezing a few minutes after startup

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MaggotBrain, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaggotBrain

MaggotBrain Thread Starter

So I've been trying to fix this problem all day. After I start up the computer it freezes a couple of minutes after I log into windows. In safe mode it works just fine, and I've tried clean booting and disabling all non-windows applications and software. It still freezes. I tried restoring to a previous state and it failed, I also did a full virus scan and found nothing.

I'd rather find an easy fix instead of having to wipe my entire hard drive, buy a new CD/CD key, and reinstalling all of my software. I went to some other sources online and they weren't sure what to tell me.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi, if you can run System File Checker.
    Run at least 2-3 times.
    Click on Start - Search - Type cmd
    Right click on cmd.exe - select Run as Administrator.
    At the Command Prompt - Type
    sfc /scannow
    Press Enter.
    Let it run to completion - but do not close the cmd window.
    To save the log file.
    Copy and Paste the following in Command Prompt.

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt
    Press Enter
    On your desktop you will see a text file called sfcdetails.txt
    Log file saved here C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-run-system-file-checker-analyze-its-logs-in-windows-7-vista

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1179004

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice