1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Freezing after Hibernation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sushimanXL, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sushimanXL

sushimanXL Thread Starter

Hey all,

So recently I've been having a problem with my Windows 7 computer freezing up after waking up from Hibernate. It would log in fine and I can access programs and do my usual tasks, but anywhere from 10-30min, the computer would totally freeze. I recently downloaded a few programs to fix my registry (Advanced SystemCare and Toolwiz), but that only somewhat fixed another problem I had earlier. I ran all my virus scans (Avast, Spyware Terminator, Malwarebytes, and Ad-Aware) and came up with nothing. I installed all the latest BIOS and graphics drives I could find, but still no difference (but one of my games do play better!). I even made sure that my computer wasn't on "hybrid-sleep". Any ideas as to what's wrong? I've had this laptop for over a year now and never had a hiccup with it until last month. Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1042156