1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

freezing and not responding still

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jay jay, Nov 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jay jay

jay jay Thread Starter

Hi I thought that i had my problem solved. I bought norton and found these viruses. 151bab60.htm, choke.exe, kak.htm and norton quarintined them. I thought it was fixed and then it started doing it again. i ran norton again and it found js.seeker. but the problem still exists and. my photodeluxe was not opening so I uninstalled it ans was going to try to reinstall and it wont let me. any suggestions... thanks

2. brianF

brianF

3. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

You need to install Norton, not just run it from a CD. You also need to update it every day or set it to automatically update. Then your computer will always be protected, and you won't get these viruses in the first place.

I'm sure there are some people here who can point you to all the fixes you need to run, but a computer infected with four viruses at any time is not going to be a great, stable system.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

For the recurring problem with js.seeker and other vbs related infections, you need to disable Windows Scripting Host. Symantec's noscript.exe will do that conveniently for you:

http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/win.script.hosting.html

You should also have "install on demand" unchecked in Internet Options > advanced.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice