Freezing at/after Startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gdcmember

Hi there, recently my computer has been acting a bit odd. When I turn it on it starts up like normal, I input my password and it starts loading everything. But once everything is loaded at the start up the taskbar freezes and so does the rest of the desktop. I can move my mouse but it does nothing and I'm not able to open the taskmanager at all with ctrl+alt+del. The computer runs fine in safe mode. I've already gone through and cleaned up my system, fixed any registry problems, and defragged my hdd. I've scanned for any malware and came up with nothing. I've disabled all non-necessary programs in msconfig for startup. I've been able to do a system restore to about a week ago, and that would fix the problem for a bit, but it would happen again if the computer went into sleep mode. The restore point is gone so I can't do that anymore. I've had the computer for about a year and a half and this is the first time anything like this has happened to it. Can anybody help with my problem?

Here is a bit of my system information:

Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 645 Processor 3.11 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB (3.75 GB usable)
System: 64-bit OS

dai

leave the registry alone windows does a good job looking after it

registry cleaners do more damage than fixes

run

sfc /scannow

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts