1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Freezing at/after Startup

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by gdcmember, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdcmember

gdcmember Thread Starter

Hi there, recently my computer has been acting a bit odd. When I turn it on it starts up like normal, I input my password and it starts loading everything. But once everything is loaded at the start up the taskbar freezes and so does the rest of the desktop. I can move my mouse but it does nothing and I'm not able to open the taskmanager at all with ctrl+alt+del. The computer runs fine in safe mode. I've already gone through and cleaned up my system, fixed any registry problems, and defragged my hdd. I've scanned for any malware and came up with nothing. I've disabled all non-necessary programs in msconfig for startup. I've been able to do a system restore to about a week ago, and that would fix the problem for a bit, but it would happen again if the computer went into sleep mode. The restore point is gone so I can't do that anymore. I've had the computer for about a year and a half and this is the first time anything like this has happened to it. Can anybody help with my problem?

Here is a bit of my system information:

Windows 7 Home Premium
    Service Pack 1
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 645 Processor 3.11 GHz
    RAM: 4.00 GB (3.75 GB usable)
    System: 64-bit OS

2. dai

dai

leave the registry alone windows does a good job looking after it

registry cleaners do more damage than fixes

run

sfc /scannow

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082623

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice