1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Freezing at MoBo Screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vandamsel, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vandamsel

vandamsel Thread Starter

Hey, i have no idea where to start with this one.

My new computer is freezing at the motherboard screen (the 2nd screen in DOS) where you get all the info on ur computer and its ports, and also where it trys to boots from the different devices.

about every 2 in 5 times when i turn my PC on/reboot it it will get to this screen and just stop, not trying to boot from any devices and needs rebooting for it to work.

any ideas? im stuck.

Spec:
    Windows XP pro.
    MoBo: ASROCK K7S41
    Chip: AMD 2600+ 2.1GHz Thoroughbred core
    256MB RAM
    BIOS: AMIBIOS, K7S41 BIOS P1.70

2. Hulk701

Hulk701 Banned

What happend prior to this problem?

Also, is your cpu fan working properly?

3. vandamsel

vandamsel Thread Starter

what do you mean what happened prior to this problem? it is a pretty new PC.
    My CPU fan is working fine, it cant be overheating, its idle temp is 35oC, just incase i have just fitted a system fan and a fan to the top of my chipset heatsink because that gets pretty warm, however my processor is only ever very slightly warm to the touch at the bottom of the heatsink, so it cant be that?

4. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Its not loading something for some reason. Have you been playing in the BIOS?
    I would jump the BIOS or pull the battery out for 15 min. with the case unplugged from the wall.
    It could be a bad CPU or any other hardware problem just about, but usually when a PC freezes at the screen your describing its a conflict of some sort preventing the system loading up.

5. vandamsel

vandamsel Thread Starter

Recently ive found out why my PC has been freezing when i open certain programs, it was a conflict with my old modem. now i have a new modem in it doesnt freeze any more, could this of been what was causing the freeze at the MoBo screen do you think?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/389002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice