1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

freezing computer

Discussion in 'Games' started by burchfield02, Aug 12, 2017 at 4:57 PM.

Advertisement
  1. burchfield02

burchfield02 Thread Starter

So recently i've been having some computer freezes when trying to play any game I have and also just simply browsing the web but this takes way longer to get the freeze, at first it would freeze and the speakers would make a screeching noise, I took apart the case and saw I had my fans ran wrong so I changed them to the right direction so now I still get the freeze but no screeching noise, I can play a game longer since I changed the fans but still getting a freeze, I took the computer to bestbuy and they ran their full stress test on it and said it passed with no problem. I thought maybe overheating? Any suggestions on what I should do?

Specs:Gpu nvidia geforce gtx 970
    cpu amd fx(tx) 6300 six core
    psu corsair cx 850m
    motherboard GA-78LMT-S2P
    ram 8 gb @ 1333mhz
    CORSAIR - Hydro Series 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Attached Files:

2. HyperHenry

HyperHenry Henry

Did this come on gradually or all at once? Do you have one 8 GB RAM stick or 2 4GB sticks? If you have 2 try removing one of them and see if there is an improvement. If not then put the first one back in and try the other. RAM can often cause this issue. If that doesn't help or you just have one stick we can try something else. Also, what is the approx age of this rig. It has similar specs to mine which is 3 years old.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1194587