1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

freezing during online games

Discussion in 'Games' started by mirandalea, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mirandalea

mirandalea Thread Starter

Hello! I'm a newbie to this site so bear with me. While trying to play games on MSN or pogo or the java website, my comp will suddenly freeze up. My mouse cursor won't move and I can't even Ctrl-Alt-Del or Esc. All I can do is manually power off the computer. Sometimes it just shuts itsself down. It seems to happen more when there is a lot of activity on the screen. This is a recent problem. The games used to run just fine. Any ideas?

I'm running IE 6 on Win98

2. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

You may have spyware on your computer, it might be.
    What I recommend is you create a new thread in security with something like I think i have spyware or, evaluate my system.
    Say neon sent you they'll probably ask for you to post a HijackThis log and other logs, do some scans etc.

Also you may have just gone out of date, in that case pick up the latest updates for your plugins such as java etc.

3. Argy

Argy Banned

if you re-post this thred in the security system, you will be asked to have a "hijack this" log, so, to save time, and thread space, please go online and find the "hijack this" website and download it.
    much appreciated.

4. mirandalea

mirandalea Thread Starter

I do have spybot and bazooka on my computer and run them regularly. Could there be spyware that they missed?

5. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

Yes, viruses and spyware are always missed, I've scanned 4 times in a row and things still stay. flrman will know more about the subject, and he can find all sorts of problems worth fixing.

6. Argy

Argy Banned

found a possible quick fix to this.
    run a scan-disk and see what happens.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/369055

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice