1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

freezing laptop

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by hibiscus, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hibiscus

hibiscus Thread Starter

I have a brand new LG E500 laptop and from the day I brought it home it has had the following problems: 1. computer freezes with black bars running across the screen and it has to be turned off and then started manually using the on/off button - this happens most frequently, but not for any apparent rhyme or reason, not at any consistent times, and I can't make it happen; 2. the screen flickers when first going to new screen; 3. it sometimes reboots itself for no reason - the last time it did this a blue screen appeared for a few seconds and I was able to write down the following info:
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    TECHNICAL INFORMATION
    ***STOP: 0X000000D1 (0X00000000, 0X00000002, 0X00000008, 0X000000000)

The store where I bought it did a full hardware diagnostics (during which it did not freeze once) and they say all the hardware is working fine. I have updated all the drivers, and the problems still exist. I have run extensive anti-spyware and anti-virus programs and that is not the problem. When I run the computer in safe mode, these problems do not occur. I disabled the hardware acceleration and the problem still occurred (and the computer ran very awkwardly) so I re-enabled that. I ran all the troubleshooting programs I could think of and they all say everything is working fine. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Since it worked fine at the store, are you connecting any peripherals to it at home? If so, disconnect them. That might be the problem. Normally I'd recommend an exchange, but it's tough to argue when the problem doesn't happen at all in front of the techs.

3. !Mikey

!Mikey

I'd just take it back and get a new one. It's probely got a warrenty so its all free

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648070

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice