Freezing on booting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

matfrygb

This is related to the last post I made here. The result of this made me install a new hard-disk.

What happened was one day my computer refused to boot up. It got one step after the BIOS info and “drives detected”, then froze with a completely black screen. Although the drive had become non-bootable, it could still be read if I booted from another source!

I tried all I could think of, including trying to repair the Windows system by booting from my original Windows XP disk. Even doing that, the computer still froze in the same manner.

Anyone got any ideas?

MF

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online