1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Freezing Screensaver

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ebony, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ebony

ebony Thread Starter

I have my sceensaver set to go on after 5 minutes. Lately when it goes on the motion freezes after 30 seconds and it takes a few minutes after clicking the mouse or keyboard to activate the computer. I am using a saver called "Aquarium" but have tried a number of Windows savers and they all do the same thing. I have Windows XP Home installed. I tried a system restore but it doesn't seem to help.

2. midlandman

midlandman

How many programs do you have running in the background?And how much RAM do you have?

3. ebony

ebony Thread Starter

I have 512 Mgs RAM. As to the number of programs running in the background, if I look under Applications there is one program running but under Processes there is a number listed but I don't know if they are running in the background.

4. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

Possibly updating the drivers on your video card. ... If your computer has a powerful video card, then this screensaver might work okay.

5. ebony

ebony Thread Starter

It's not just Aquarium screensaver. It happens with the simpilist Windows screensavers. Also it worked fine for a year. It just started to happen a few days ago.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!