1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Freezing when holding down Key

Discussion in 'Games' started by DoctorFrolicks, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DoctorFrolicks

DoctorFrolicks Thread Starter

Whenever I play a game (especially Terraria), I experience lag/freezing whenever I hold down any key on the keyboard.

This has been happening ever since I bought my laptop, but as of yesterday, it happens ALL THE TIME. I cannot play ANY of my games because of this.

My computer was bought during the December of 2011, so it's fairly new. I am confident that it can run Terraria as it has the latest processor (Intel core i7) and meets the system requirements of most games.

Any idea how to fix this?

-FROLICKS

2. Intel_Xtreme

Intel_Xtreme

What about your graphics card?
    Games need powerful graphics cards to be able to be played.

3. DoctorFrolicks

DoctorFrolicks Thread Starter

After a couple days, I've noticed that this issue only occurs when playing retro games. When playing Tribes Ascend, a high quality shooter, the issue is completely gone.

I'm not sure on my graphics card, but if I can run Tribes, I can probably run some 16bit RPG on my computer.

List of games having the issue so far:
    1. League of Legends (sometimes)
    2. Terraria
    3. Cthulu Saves The World

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1049499